Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My First Blog Post

Well here I go. I don't think of myself as a writer and I'm no way in hell a journalist. I have great admiration for the real "Bloggers" out there and I follow a number of them on Twitter and Facebook.

I plan to write about things that interest me in ways that hopefully will interest you. I'm open to any suggestions, constructive criticism and of course praise. But what I really want to do is share some of my passions for "social Networking" and good food. Good food can be food made at home, from a street vendor, fancy restaurant or bar. I'm not partial to any zone type of food or establishment. I do like to have a good time and be able to relax.

What has really struck me over the last few months, since my wife and I started to spend some afternoons and evenings in Downtown Los Angeles (DTLA) is the variety of places to eat and drink along with the resurgence of DTLA. But the one things that really got me going was the Gourmet Food Truck phenomenon (@GourmetFoodTrk).

I immediately started searching, researching, following, becoming "Fans" of anything Gourmet Food Truck related. I just cant believe how many trucks there are in Los Angeles (DTLA). I'm not going to try and list them all here but pop over to my twitter account and I have a list of trucks and what I feel is a good start to a list of "Food Experts" in the DTLA area.

I plan write about a few different things:
  • The use of "Social Networking" as a sole means of advertising and promotion. It is truly Gorilla Marketing at is's best.
  • Interviews and reviews of the food and experience from as many trucks and restaurants as possible.
  • I will also post some of my favorite recipes.
Ok, I think that's more than you will ever read so here's the legal disclaimer before I sign off.

I do not have any financial or ownership interest in any Food Truck, Restaurant, or anything else that would make me partial. So all opinions and comments are mine and mine alone (maybe some influence from my wife). I'm sure I will have favorite trucks, restaurants, web sites and blogs that I will share and promote, but they also are just one man's opinion.

All that out of the way lets have FUN. Please comment, write me and follow my blog, Facebook Fan Page and my Twitter account.

4 comments:

  1. Love it, nicely done! Follow your heart (and stomach at times) and you can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat idea. Can't wait for your next blog. You definitely have a talent! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start!!! This first blog of your is very interesting and will help know better thing related to food trucks.

    ReplyDelete